When working on your marketing materials, you have to decide between the different types of finishes you can do on your print materials. Sometimes, there are so many options, you need help deciding what the best finish is for each job.
To help you decide what is best for your needs, the first question to ask is if you want a matte look or a glossy look. Once you decide which style you are looking to achieve, we can then present you different specialty finishes. Here is a guide on when to choose a matte or glossy print.
Matte finishes on printed material, like on paints, do not have a shine, and do not reflect light. A matte finish is silky and smooth to the touch. Here are two matte finishes that we can offer you:
– Considered to have become one of the more popular options.
Our Matte / Silk Lamination
– A smoother finish than a Standard Matte.
We would recommend a matte finish to you when you:
– Want softer colours
Gloss finishes can be very glossy depending on which finish, and can reflect light. By allowing for the reflection of light, it will show of a beautiful sheen. Here are three different types of gloss finishing:
– Is a semi-gloss finish that allows you to have a finish in between gloss and matte.
– Considered to be one of the shiniest finishes.
– Rather than a spray coating, like AQ or UV this is a glossy lamination that is applied after printing, similar to the matte lamination.
We would recommend a glossy finish to you when you:
– Want printed colours to appear stronger
There are so many different finishes that can be used on printed materials. On top of just using one of the above methods, you could use multiple methods (like a matte lamination and a spot UV) to have a matte business card, and only highlight one or two areas with the gloss. Just remember that the finishing depends on your company branding, product design and function. To find out what other finishes there are call us and ask!